Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Flowers and Something Special

Happy Valentines Week~

I know that roses are the most common flower associated with Valentines Day, but I have to say that I think there is another flower that really represents the day. What flower you ask????? 
The Camellia...........
They are red, pink, red and pink, white etc. Look how delicate all the petals are. Just exquisite.This one in the picture above  is red although it looks dark pink in this photo
Love the fluffy look of this one. The pink and white looks like candy.
And we have white too
They always start blooming just in time for Valentines Day. All if the camellias in this post are from my garden.
And of course, I had to cut some and bring them in the house. This little blue polka dot vase is getting a lot of use in my house this season.  Do you recognize it from other posts?
I apologize for so many photos of these flowers, but they are just so sweet and I LOVE them and they truly make me so very happy.


I hope you all have a wonderful week filled with lots of LOVE and HAPPINESS.

I have added Linky Followers to my sidebar. If you get a chance, please link up. 

xo
~Cheryl

Linking up to:
I did make it to The Rose Bowl this weekend. Found some great things that I will be sharing later:)
Ok, I have to share this SPECIAL Treasure with all of you. My son, Blake made this for me in his class at school. Precious.. It is a Valentine monkey made out of socks....LOVE 
My 6th grade son sews better than me;)

21 comments:

  1. Your little sock monkey is adorable! That ones's a keeper for sure!!! :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your camellias are beautiful and so is the sock monkey, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo sweet of your son to make such a darling gift! Is that a RA darcy chair?? Have a beautiful day Cheryl!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute sock monkey and yes, I agree with you re camellias - just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, your garden of blooms is just gorgeous (can you teach me how to garden in SoCali? lol)! And that is a cute lil sock monkey!!! :) Wishing you a most lovely upcoming "Heart Day!" :)


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love those flowers. I really don't have a green thumb, so I will be posting the lovely roses my hubby brought me tonight for Valentine's day tomorrow. Yellow, my absolute favorite!!
    And thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky you are to have such beautiful flowers growing in your garden this time of year! Perfect for Valentine's Day. I know you will cherish that handmade gift from your son forever! How sweet.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the monkey! Happy Vday my friend.

    xoxo
    MC

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful flowers! I love camellias, you are so lucky to be able to grow them:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I signed up on your linky...

    First of all I have to say I am so jealous of your beautiful flowers. Wow--everything is dead here. I want to see more of your gardens..they must be gorgeous! Also, I think that Monkey is one of the cutest things I have ever seen--that is a treasure to keep forever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flowers look so cute in the polka dot pitcher. Can't wait to see what you brought home from the Rose Bowl...I so miss going shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely flowers on a Valentine's day. Your fresh cuts flowers look gorgeous in that pitcher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! I love camellias :) Happy Valentines Day!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those camellias are so beautiful and I love the pink one looks in that adorable polka dot vase! Thank you for stopping by my blog, leaving a sweet comment and following. I am happily following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Camellias are beautiful and classic! The pink ones in your pretty pitcher look so adorable. Happy Valentine's Day to you!
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pics of camelias in the blue polka dot vase! They're perfect! We have camelias for Valentine bouquets also. They are amazing plants, we planted them along the backyard and never worry about them! Every February they bloom magnificently! What a sweet and amazing gift from your sixth grade son! Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Camelias. They remind me of my Grandmother. She had many bushes. My favorites were the two that framed her wonderful back porch steps.

    Your blooms are beautiful, Cheryl!

    Mr Sock Monkey's ears are the cutest!

    Happy Valentines Day!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pink flowers in the polka dot pitcher. So sweet!

    As a sock monkey creator myself, I spy a very talented artiste in the making. Definitely a gift to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your flower photos are lovely, perfect for Valentines Day!
    Your son is very talented, the sock monkey is adorable, you may have a budding designer on your hands!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  20. The flowers are making me wish for spring! Thanks for linking up to "Cowgirl Up!". Hope you'll be back next week too.
    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are gorgeous flowers.Can't wait to see mine come up in the spring.What a cute sock monkey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today. I love getting your comments.
May you have a happy day:) Cheryl