Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Kitchen Tour

Happy Weekend~
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far. I am happy to say that I am feeling much better and back in the Blog World and back to the "Real" World. We are hearing about all the horrible tornadoes across the country and I am hoping all of you that live out that way are safe and sound. It looks devastating and so...scary!!

The weekend  here started with fondue night with some great friends. Lots of  laughs and a fun time had by all of us:) Today started with my son's little league game. It started at 9:00 and it was so hot!! Who would have thought??? It  was a great game and Blake did well which always makes for a better day for him:) The rest of the day we got Avery's room ready for painting on Monday. Avery is so very excited.
Today I am going to show you the rest of my kitchen. Part of it was shown when I did the post about my French ladder so I figured you might as well see the rest.
When we bought the house, the cabinetry was all white with long silver knobs. The floor was a white and green linoleum. We lived with that for a few years and then decided to repaint the cabinetry. We did it two toned. The bottom cabinets are a slate blue color and the top cabinets are creamy color. They both have a "worn" look. I have to say that I LOVE the way they turned out.
We added satin nickel knobs to all the cabinets.
Here is a close up of the blue part of the cabinets. My sink is on top of these particular ones. We added the decorative pieces to the drawers. So easy to do and they really make an impact.

I found this adorable basket to put by the back door for all the shoes. I have no idea how so many shoes accumulate there. Yikes!!! Then I found the little sign to go above it. Any encouragement so the shoes end up in the basket and not all over the floor is welcome.
Yes, we all wear flip flops all year round;)
The kitchen chandelier. I got this for my 10th wedding anniversary. Nice huh???
The next few images are some vignettes around the kitchen.
This is part of my window sill above my sink
This sits in a corner space and the blue box is actually a vintage jewelry box. The inside is not too great, but the I love the color of the box. I also love to decorate and find vintage books. I have them scattered all around my house. I also enjoy finding them and listing them in our Etsy Shop. We have several sets right now.  The gravy boat is from an estate sale. I found it sitting on the stove behind a bunch of "junk" and I really mean JUNK. You never know where the next treasure will be;)
This is the entry into my dining room. I love my blue and white plates....
This is my "desk" area of the kitchen. Instead of using a plain old magnet board, I love to use vintage trays. They work great and are really nice to look at. I got this caddy from my sister in law. It was the perfect thing for the MANY pencils, pens and markers we have. We always have an overabundance. At least they are organized now:)

I hope you have all enjoyed the kitchen tour.
Welcome to all my new followers and thank you to everyone for leaving such nice comments. They are all read and truly appreciated.
Have a great week and stay safe.
I am so.... excited to Spring Ahead next weekend. Yeah for daylight savings!!!
xo~
Cheryl

Linking up to this week:
Sweet Talkin Sunday
Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Tuesday Treasures
Cowgirl Up Link Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
White Wednesdays
Open House Party Thursdays
Feathered Nest Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Show Off Saturday

46 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is gorgeous. I love the two tone cabinets. Those candle sticks in the window are my favorite! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your kitchen - it's really decorated beautifully!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a warm and beautiful kitchen. Looks like it should be in a magazine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your kitchen! your dining nook is so cute with the benches and different chairs...so pretty...looks like out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blue and white kitchen (so is mine!). Your cabinets are really wonderful...love the worn blue on the bottom and white on top. I would love to sit at that table in the corner and share a cup of tea with you! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a lovely kitchen.

    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl, Your kitchen looks so pretty and inviting. Love all the blue accents from the crystals on your chandelier to the plates on the wall. What a great idea to use a vintage tray for a note board! You all did a great job painting your cabinets.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are so pretty and soft looking. I have a collection of blue & white dishes, but I like the way yours look with the neutral pallette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Cheryl!! Your chandelier is just gorgeous!! I love the aqua color beads and drops coming off of it!!~
    I always wonder the same thing about all of the shoes piling up. I have a vintage armoire in my entry way and we keep our shoes in it and it seems like 100's of shoes have accumulated there and just overnight. :)
    Your kitchen is simply fabulous my friend!!~
    Have a lovely day.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty this is...love the soft colors and you have planned use the space so well. The wall with all of the blue and white plates is super! And the banquette is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a "homey" kitchen. I would love to settle in there for a cozy snack or a simple supper. It is lovely. May favourite part is the wall of blue and white plates. Is that collection still growing??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the aged of Grey on the bottom half of the cabinets and the white above a perfect peaceful room to site and relax in the morning of spring sipping a cup of tea.

    I use to have whites and blues now I am driftwoods, greys, whites and cream of winter whites.

    Thank you for inspiring a kitchen to love.
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kitchen is so light and airy. It's just beautiful. And I love your chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cheryl!!!

    Oh I just love this little tour! And I LOVE the way your two-toned kitchen cabinets came out - so beautiful! Ahhh, your cozy home really inspires me to work on projects in our fixer upper home!!! Truly an inspiration!!! And love that pitcher too - I have one exactly like that, that I bought at Home Goods {love that place, btw!}. :) Can't wait to see more of your home!!!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your kitchen!!!!! Love the plates on the wall, and kicking myself for walking by that jewelry box that I saw this past weekend and did not pick up! Loved the little gravy boat, I would have snagged that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheryl I love your kitchen!! Just the place to have a nice cup of tea or coffee and sit and relax!! That chandilier is beautiful!!! And your cabinets are oh so pretty!! Thanks for linking up at SweetTalkin' Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore your kitchen! So sweet and comfy and cozy.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. LUV LUV LUV your sweet kitchen, Cheryl! I adore the combination of fabrics on the pillows, and your cabinets are to die for! What a cozy place to start the day! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I forgot to ask where you got your "Lettres" pillow? I love it!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Kitchen is beautiful. I love your bench and the two colors you chose for your cabinets. Everything looks lovely. I'm inviting you to visit Magnolia Cottage. Have a wonderful day. Blessings,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow your kitchen is beautiful, as is the rest of your home! I'm your newest follower, please come visit me at my blog some time :)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks awesome Cheryl! It's so you! And one of the best parts about it is the open layout. I always think that you could dance in that kitchen if you wanted to!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your kitchen. very pretty!
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely light airy kitchen!Thanks for the tour!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's all so wonderful! Light, bright and very welcoming. Even the shoe basket seems to say, "we're not too serious here" and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what a super tour! I love what you did to your cabinets! Awesome plates too. And your breakfast booth is stunning!
    Eileen@cottagebeachhouse

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, I'm a new follower through GFC and Linky. Found you via Uncommon Suburbia and so excited about your blog. When I saw all the touches of blue and white, I knew I needed to follow your blog. I so love anything blue and white and have a pretty good size collection. Hope you'll find the time to follow back and join my Frugal Treasures Party tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful kitchen.I love the two toned cabinet color.And your chandy is to die for.....LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. As always...BEAUTIFUL! I think I'll feature this on my facebook page tonight. Thank you so much for linking up again with cowgirl up!
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  30. YOur kitchen is beautiful. Love the cabinets, shelving, knobs. all of it. Love the peaceful color scheme. I am your newest follower and looking forward to reading more. YOU have a wonderful blog.
    blessings,
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your kitchen is beautiful! Did you make your seat covers? I love all the ideas for organizing shoes,pencils, etc. I am looking for a chandelier like yours to update my dining room.... I can only dream about finding one as pretty. Thanks for sharing a tour of your home. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful!! I love your kitchen and your sweet nook! Following along now- thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cheryl, What a beautiful kitchen! Love the slate blue color with the creamy color on the top cabinets. I have always loved the worn look. They look beautiful...

    Wanted to let you know I'm having my first linky party Simple & Sweet Fridays, hope you can stop by.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your kitchen along with the blue and white. Nice idea for the shoes in basket and love the little sign above it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your kitchen! I'm your newest follower, I'd love if you followed in return and linked up to my little party: http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/03/showoff-saturday-5.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cheryl, Thank you so much for making my first linky party a success. Hope you can visit again this Friday. Love your chandelier with the blue beads.

    Love, Jody

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your kitchen is so cute...love your eating area...and I also love the beautiful blue beads on your chandelier...great pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Cheryl! What an amazing job - I just love it!! Your kitchen nook corner looks so cozy! Did you make the seat cover for the chair with the ruffles? It looks so nice! Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower. Please visit my blog and say hello - I love to make new bloggy friends :) Follow me back if you would like to keep in touch!
    Heather @ settingforfour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi,
    Headed over from Faded Charm! Your home is lovely....enjoyed the blue, as I have actually been adding touches of blue to my otherwise white decor! Thanks for the inspiration....Blessings, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today. I love getting your comments.
May you have a happy day:) Cheryl