Sunday, February 26, 2012

Flowers For Sunday

Good Morning~~
I hope you all have been enjoying your weekend. Sadly, I still don't feel so good so I will again have a brief post so I can lay down before I head off to the grocery store. I would send Chris (The Hubbie) to do this for me,but between the baseball and basketball practices and games for my son today that isn't possible. 
Yesterday was Opening Day for Little League here in San Marino. It's a fun day and a kick off to the next few months being devoted to games and practices. Little League is very big in this community. My son is on The Dodgers (yeah) and we are looking forward to a fun filled, hopefully drama free (never know with Little League) season:) 
Today I am posting some beautiful flowers that I recently purchased at Trader Joes. As you can tell, this is my go to place to get flowers. Who can beat the fantastic prices and the selection? 
Before I put them in the vase, I laid them out on a plate in my dining room.
Each afternoon, the sunlight shines through my dining room and it is so pretty. Love how the roses are so illuminated by the suns rays.
The roses were a perfect creamy color and the pink ones had a hint of gray in them.
I know that I tend to have a lot of flowers in my posts, but I really believe that the natural beauty they have is good for the soul. Well, at least it is good for mine. 
This picture was taken after the sun had gone down. Still stunning.

I want to thank a couple of people this week:

Brenda from Cozy Little House for featuring my blog in her Welcome Wagon this week. I have met so many wonderful people since she posted this. She has so many lovely followers.
and  
Sandi from A Cottage Muse for hosting a great giveaway. Yes, I won another. I will be receiving the book Pale and Interesting. I am really looking forward to it.


Be sure to check out both of their blogs, you'll be happy you did.


Being sick is a bummer and it has made me realize that a lap top would be a good thing to have. Sitting at a desk on the computer is not fun when all you feel like doing is laying down. Lap top in the future?????? Could be:)

Hope you all have a healthy, relaxing week~~
xo~
Cheryl

Sorry if I am not commenting much this week or responding to comments:)

22 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Cheryl! Your roses are sooo beautiful! I was at Trader Joe's the other day and was so excited that all the blooms were out - and sooo cheap!!! :) That's what I love about living here in SoCal - the weather and the how it feels like "spring" nearly all year long! :) Hope you feel better. I know how it feels to be busy with your kids' sports. It was that way when my eldest was playing baseball at Cheviot Hills for many years. Try to get some rest and feel better!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh please feel better! I hope your flowers and your giveaway win cheers you up!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these roses are gorgeous. I love the colors.

    Hugs Bente

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl I love looking at your pictures and the way you describe them. It feels like I am there almost smelling the hint of the roses. Have a Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you took one of your pretty blooms with you when you went to lay down. Your flowers are good for "this" Sunday soul!
    Take care!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous. The flowers at Trader Joe's are always so beautiful.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, first off, I am sorry that you are not feeling well...and is there anything worse than having to go to the GROCERY store when you don't fell well? Well, unless it is Trader Joe's. We don't have one here-the closest one is about 100 miles away close to my daughters.
    It makes me want to get in the car and drive down there after seeing your beautiful roses. xo Diana

    ps. If you get a chance pop over to my blog and check out my new word giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better!Those roses are so pretty--they do not look like grocery store flowers --that is for sure! I hope they lifted your spirits. Being sick isn't fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those roses are such beautiful colors. They look like a wedding bouquet. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I have been down for a week now, not fun.
    I am glad that Brenda welcomed you this week.
    When two of mine were playing baseball it was such a busy time. We had so much fun with the other parents.
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you will be feeling better soon! The roses are so beautiful~I love the pics.
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful roses in such dreamy colors. Hope you are feeling well soon and I know how it goes with kids...no time for Mom to be sick!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some seriouly beautiful roses, wonderful colors. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are feeling better this evening! I love Trader Joes...I used to buy flowers every week because they made me smile...I moved and the closest one is now 2 hours away...I miss it! Sometimes I make a trip there just to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your beautiful photos. We don't have TJ's here in Colorado but I have heard a rumor that it is on it's way! Yay! I want to buy some gorgeous and cheap flowers.
    I just got a Macbook Pro laptop a month ago and let me tell you how much easier it is then always having to sit in the office on the computer. In fact I am in bed typing this! So fun.
    I hope you feel better soon, it's so hard to be sick when you are the mom :(

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your roses are beautiful. I love Trader Joe's but don't have one close by. I do get there once in awhile when I visit my daughter near Minneapolis.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cheryl...hoping you feel better soon or hoping the book gets there soon so you have something to relax with!
    Love the flowers...must get to Trader Joes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your rose pictures! Just gorgeous! I hope you are feeling better as well! There is so much of it going around here too! Nearly everyone (including myself) is sick with a horrible head cold!) It is not fun, I can relate!
    Feel better soon,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the color of those! I hope you'll come link this up at my linky party tonight. Link up once, appear on 4 blogs! If you're feeling up to it : ( Get some rest and feel better soon!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Roses are beautiful.I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am your newest follower, Your blog is so lovely, I love the flowers. I try to keep fresh flowers, they just make you feel good! Hope you are feeling better, Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, your flowers are amazing. Thanks for sharing them even when you don't feel well.

    Longing for Trader Joe's,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today. I love getting your comments.
May you have a happy day:) Cheryl