Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fresh Finds And Appreciation

Good Morning! Sorry I have been so absent this week, but it was BIG week in our house. My son went to 6th grade camp in Sequoia National Park. It was his first time away so I had a lot of anxiety!! Good news is that we all made it through and he had a FANTASTIC time!! It is tough to have your kids away and there was absolutely NO communication!! Yikes! I also turned 41and my husband left for a 3day golf trip on my birthday!!  I know your thinking "what???? on your birthday?????", but I told him to go. And yes, he did get me my NEW CAMERA!!!! Learning to use it may take some time, but I am up for the challenge. Yippee !!My birthday ended up great with lots of celebrating with friends and my daughter, Avery:)) I will celebrate my birthday with my son and husband tonight while Avery is off to her VERY FIRST slumber party. Another big moment for our family this week. I feel very lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life! Thank you all:)
Ok... now to the FINDS~

I found these books and this blue and white gravy boat at an Estate Sale a couple of weeks ago.


This gravy boat was hidden behind a bunch of pot and pans etc. on the stove. I saw the handle peeking through and grabbed it. I love how it is so.. aged. To me, that is PERFECTION.


Vintage books are so beautiful. I love collecting them, but they have to be the "right" colors. It is fascinating to read what other inscribed in the books. That is one of my favorite things about vintage books. All of these are from the early 1900's.


The one titled Celebrated Crimes had three others like it. They are listed on our Etsy shop.


This is part of a vintage runner. Even though the colors aren't mine, I loved its charm and had to have it!



 I LOVE Estate Sales. They are a great place to find treasures at  reasonable prices and you really get a sense of the history behind the items. You feel like you know who the people were by the items in their home.

I hope you all have a great weekend.  I truly appreciate all the special people in my life and I am so happy to have my son home safe and sound!

Thanks for visiting.
:) Cheryl

8 comments:

  1. Yay!! You got your new camera~ That is wonderful Cheryl! ~ Your photos are beautiful and love your new finds~ So glad your son is home safe,I had alot of anxiety when my sons had their school camps~ Have a wonderful weekend~xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl!

    First of all, Happy Birthday to you!!! :) How wonderful to get a new camera for your bday! :) Happy to also hear that you made it through the week with your little one @camp. :) And loving your finds!!! That's one thing about LA - lots of cool estate sales here! :) Take care and enjoy your bday dinner tonight w/your fsmily!

    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful post Cheryl. Glad everyone is back. I am sure that you will learn the ins and outs of the camera waaay faster than I. Happy bday again.

    xoxo
    MC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl! Love all your new finds! I love estate sales too and I only wish I could get to some more often. I'm so happy you got a new camera, it must be so much fun right now!
    I hope your having a wonderful weekend!
    hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl,
    Gorgeous finds!!! I love the colors of the books, those are my favorites!
    Happy belated birthday and I am so happy you had a joyful day!
    Have a lovely week.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Cheryl! I hope you had a wonderful day! And a new camara, how exciting! I LOVE the gravy boat too, especially with all the character it has with it's age. I would have snatched it up too! Great find!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray on that new camera and Happy Birthday. I love that your son made it through camp...it's a big adjustment for mother and son!!

    I love your new treasures, especially the pretty gravy boat. I collect them as long as I'm not breaking up a set of dishes. I have only been to 2 estate sales and other than the long lines, I loved them I once got a beautiful set of china for $40.00 {service for 12!!}

    Just popped over from Ticking And Toile...you have a lovely blog! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today. I love getting your comments.
May you have a happy day:) Cheryl