Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Little Things.....

Hi~
I hope you are all enjoying this week so far. The sun is shining bright here and the skies are blue. It's little things like the sun and sky that we take for granted, but we should be enjoying so much more. Did anyone see the spectacular moon last night? Truly stunning.  I am also getting really excited as I see the little leaf buds showing up on all my roses. I even tried planting sweet pea seeds this year in a pot. Guess what?? They are growing! I can't wait to smell them...heavenly:) 
Our chalkboard in the kitchen is a reminder this week of the little things. I try to change the saying every couple weeks.
How cute is this little urn? Dried hydrangeas from my mom:)
Loving the sweet smell of this candle from Anthropologie!! These candles come in several scents and they are all heavenly. Also, when the candle is done, you have a cute crock to fill with goodies.
Thanks to friends for the delicious lemons.
My new pillow, courtesy of Melinda at Alabaster Rose Designs. She made one of these for herself and I loved it, so I asked her if she could make one for me. Well, here it is! I love it. And the best part... Melinda lives close to my mom so I picked it up at Melinda's home and finally got to meet her in person. She is so...sweet and her home is even more gorgeous than in photos. Hard to believe huh? Thanks again Melinda!!!!
I looks perfect!!!!

So, these are a few of my little things to love and appreciate. When you think about it, the little things are what make everything so much more beautiful. 

Enjoy your week
~ Cheryl


8 comments:

  1. A great thought to keep in mind. And in such a sweet way. I love the Anthro candles too. I love all the scents, and I finally have a little empty one to use! Darling pillow! Melinda is so talented. Love that shot of your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cheryl,
    Your pillow looks absolutely perfect in your gorgeous home!!!!
    Thank you so much for your sweet words and it was more than a pleasure to meet your sweet self the other day! We definitely have to get together soon with Jessie.
    I hope you had a lovely visit with your mom and we will continue to pray for her!
    Have a great afternoon.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, Cheryl! Your photos are so sweet and full of what I love. Funny, I just brought out some of my urns to make a little vignette. Great pillow that looks perfect on your chair.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little things make me happy too. Love that pillow--it is always fun to met a blogger friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillow, how sweet you got to meet Melinda. Her home is so gorgeous. Jessie is the sweetest, too, I want to meet with all of you girls! :) I love the dried hydrangeas, too. Beautiful photos of your home!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh*...Cheryl, I don't know what it is, but in these photos, you made me very homesick for Southern California. I think it's the light in your living room, and the idea that Sweet Peas are already growing right now! Love those Anthro candles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful as always Cheryl!
    It's always fun to meet a fellow blogger, and Melinda is a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheryl,

    How are you? Oh I LOVE that pillow! I know I've been sooo M.I.A. lately with my dad being ill and this darn last class that I need to take!!! But you are sooo lucky to be able to visit with Melinda in her gorgeous home!!! Would LOVE to get together with you all soon! I know it's a ways away, but maybe we can all take that road trip together to the next Remnants of the Past Vintage show! lol

    Hope your mother is on the mend. Will be praying for her!

    Have a blessed day!!!


    XOXO's,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today. I love getting your comments.
May you have a happy day:) Cheryl